The Coalition is committed to sharing resources for supporting children, adolescents and families affected by HIV/AIDS amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is a selection of material which we have found to be useful. Please feel free to forward any relevant resources you believe would be interest to our community.
From Coalition Members:
- Coalition member and Executive Director of the Firelight Foundation, Nina Blackwell, issued a plea and offered guidance about the importance of supporting community organizations in the face of COVID-19 in Inside Philanthropy.
- REPSSI, in collaboration with the African PSS Institute, held the first of a series of short online presentations on how to provide psycho-social support in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as posters for circulation at the community level on PSS.
- Frontline AIDS has produced practical guides for adolescents and young people, parents and caregivers, healthcare providers and implementing partners to keep young people healthy during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Many Coalition Members have issued statements on COVID-19:
Resources to support HIV-affected children amidst the pandemic:
- Early Childhood Development Action Network (ECDAN) along with WHO, UNICEF, the World Bank, ARNEC and other partners organized the first in a series of webinars on COVID-19 and Early Childhood Development.
- ECDAN has also compiled a resource list on COVID-19 related ECD resources.
- EPI-Win is providing easy-to-understand advice and information on COVID-19.
- Every Woman Every Child has put together a comprehensive set of resources on its website.
- PMNCH has created an online compendium of COVID-19 related partner resources on women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health.
- The WHO has put together tips for Parenting in the Time of COVID.
- End Violence Against Children has compiled an excellent resource list on its website.
- The Center for Global Development has published a paper entitled Pandemics and Violence Against Women and Children.
- The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action created a note on providing humanitarian child protection practitioners with guidance on how to engage in responses to infectious disease outbreaks to ensure children’s protection needs are taken into account in preparedness for, and during responses to, the outbreaks.
- UNESCO have produced a range of useful resources for teaching children on and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Broader resources related to the intersection of COVID-19 and HIV/AIDS as well as the impact the novel coronavirus is having on children:
- The UN Secretary General has issued a policy brief, The Impact of COVID-19 on Children
- UNAIDS has produced a new guidance document that draws on key lessons from the response to the HIV epidemic: Rights in the time of COVID-19: lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response
- Peter Sands, Executive Director of the Global Fund, recently published an article on “What the fight against tuberculosis can teach us about fighting COVID-19.”
- The U.S. Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator issued PEPFAR COVID-19 technical guidance.
- Funder Concerned About AIDS has consolidated a range of resources specifically for funders on a dedicated page here.
- AVAC provided a comprehensive set of COVID-19 resources to help people stay up-to-date on the facts, share experiences.
- Society for AIDS Africa has created an infographic on what people living with HIV need to know about COVID-19.